Dusting off the cobwebs in The Geekville Radio Studios. Seth and Train return for another Geekville episode.Continue reading Geekville Radio #265
In our previous episode, we discussed the revelations for Marvel’s Phase Four of
Each trailer is listed below with the appropriate timestamp in the show discussion.
(3:45) Arrowverse and Crisis On Infinite Earths
- The sizzle real for Arrow mainly consisted of scenes from the previous seasons along with new footage of Tommy Merlyn and Adrian Chase. Could this be an Adrian Chase/Vigilante from another Earth?
- The creators confirmed that an adult JJ Diggle will appear in the flash-forward scenes.
- The main villain for Season 6 of The Flash will be Ramsey Rosso, aka Bloodwork
- Crisis On Infinite Earths will feature Brandon Routh back as Superman as well as Burt Ward reprising the role of Dick Grayson/Robin from the classic Batman TV series
- Routh looks to be playing the Kingdom Come incarnation of Superman
- Could we be getting a proper on-screen farewell to Christopher Reeve’s Superman?
- Tom Cavanagh’s Harrison Wells will be Pariah in Crisis
- La Monica Garrett will be doing double duty as Monitor and Anti-Monitor
- Will we be seeing major players killed off?
(25:15) Marvel’s “What If…?”
- Animated series will air on Disney+
- Stories from The Infinity Saga will be used
- Many of The MCU actors will supply the voices
- The first episode will depict Peggy Carter as Captain America
(29:30) The Witcher
- This is the project that prevented Henry Cavill from a cameo in Shazam
(33:15) Watchmen HBO Series
- It is not another adaption of the movie or classic comic
- It will be an original story set in the same world
(39:20) Top Gun: Maverick
- The trailer was a surprise presentation
- Tom Cruise’s Maverick will be the main character, not a cameo
- It may be a biography or life story of Maverick
(43:20) Terminator: Dark Fate
- James Cameron is involved again
- It looks like it ignores all other movies except the first two
- It may be right before the rise of Skynet
(47:45) Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance
- Much of the series will utilize puppetry instead of CGI
(50:30) Jay And Silent Bob Reboot
- A sequel to Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
- Looks to lampoon the constant reboots in Hollywood
- Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Jason Lee and a lot of the other regulars
(55:30) Star Trek: Picard
- Unlike Discovery, this looks like it is almost universally praised
- Depicts Picard as he was in the final TNG Episode
- Also shows Data and Seven Of Nine
We recently got reviewed by Dave Jackson’s Podcast Rodeo Show. Thanks for the kind words!
One of the biggest stories in all of geekery finished another chapter. The merger of Disney with 20th Century Fox properties has been approved by stockholders. This brings us another step closer to Disney having control of Fox material. This has obvious effects on two major properties
- How would this affect the MCU?
- Could we get Hugh Jackman back?
- What could be airing on the upcoming Disney streaming service?
- Will we get a Disney produced box set?
- What about the 3D releases?
- Will we finally get the original Unaltered Trilogy?
In other Star Wars news, Lucasfilm has officially announced that Carrie Fisher will be appearing in Episode IX via unused footage from The Force Awakens. Plus, two more names have been announced in Richard E Grant and Naomi Acke.
And of course, Episode IX looks to be the final Star Wars movie in the Skywalker saga. Does this mean the end of the “Episode Format”?
The second half of the show is devoted to panels from San Diego Comic-Con. Mainly the Arrowverse shows, but there’s a little bit of Wonder Woman and Shazam talk. The panels are linked below
Legends of Tomorrow
Are there any panels that interested you at San Diego Comic-Con? Sound off below!
One of the more anticipated trailers for DC’s movie universe was finally unveiled today at San Diego Comic Con. Debuting at the Hall H Panel today, the Aquaman trailer gave us our first full look at the feature film take on the long standing Justice League member. The plot centers around Arthur Curry’s evil half-brother Orm attempting to wage war on the rest of the world.
Aquaman opens this December, and is directed by James Wan (Saw, Furious 7). It stars Jason Momoa (Stargate Atlantis) in the title role, along with Amber Heard (Magic Mike XXL), Temuera Morrison (Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones) and Dolph Lundgren (Rocky IV).
To give an idea of what Orm is like, check out this scene from Justice League Unlimited, which shows Aquaman’s badassery.
What do you think of the trailer? Sound off below!