Seth and Train return to talk about the return of The MCU. They also discuss the passing of Hollywood legends Richard Donner and William Smith. Then they give their last-minute predictions for Loki and review the latest MCU movie Black Widow.
2:00 – News
- The Return of The MCU
- Black Widow scored $80 million in theaters for its opening weekend. It also hit $75 million in foreign marketsm and $60 nillion on Disney+ Premier Access. That comes out to a $215 million total gross revenue.
- Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige says no more longterm picture deals for future MCU actors. Could this be becuse the studio can make series for Disney+ now instead?
- What If… will have replacement voice actors for several characters including Iron Man, Dr. Strange, and Captain Marvel. Some animated series have used voice actors that can pass for the real deal.
- Richard Donner (1930-2021) had a career that spanned seven decades. His geek cred was substantial, including such films as Superman: The Movie, The Omen, Goonies, and all four Lethal Weapon films.
- William Smith was not a household name but he was a veteran of the big and small screen as a character actor, especially as tough guys. Recommended viewing: Any Which Way You Can, Hawaii Five-O, The Outsiders
23:45 – Loki Predictions POTENTIAL SPOILERS
- Seth predicts the final boss is probably another Loki. After all, the show is Loki. It’s about Loki. And everything Loki says and does is to benefit one person: Loki.
- Train predicts that it is Kang The Conquerior, possibly one of his other aliases Rama-Tut, Immortus, Scarlet Centurion, Victor Timely… etc…
33:30 – Black Widow Review SPOILER ALERT
- Good movie, both hosts give it an A- even though not accurate to the comics
- What villain could have been used instead of Taskmaster
- More evidence that we could be getting Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers