Last month Disney held an investor’s conference where they unveiled their highly anticipated streaming service, Disney+. The presentation answered a lot of questions about what is in store for subscribers this coming Fall.
- Starting Price will be $6.99 per month and will be ad-free
- Annual price of $69.99
- $5.99 – Basic Plan will have ads
- $11.99 – Ad-Free plan
- $44.99 – Ad Free with Live TV
Hulu fans have been affectionately dubbed Hulugans
Between Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, Disney will have three popular but very different streaming services that can be subscribed to individually or in a package.
- All existing Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars films at launch
- Falcon & Winter Soldier Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan confirmed to reprise their roles
- WandaVison – Effectively Vision & The Scarlet Witch series
- Loki – Tom Hiddleston will reprise as well
- The Mandalorian – Created and written by Jon Favreau
- Cassian Andor – Pre-Rogue One series
- Obi-Wan – Rumored more heavily lately that it will be a a Disney+ series and not a movie.
- Howard The Duck from Kevin Smith
- Tigra & Dazzler from Chelsea Handler
- MODOK from Patton Oswalt
- Hit-Monkey from Josh Gordon and Will Speck
- Disney+ will be more family friendly
- Current and upcoming movies will be available immediately after their theatrical and home video runs.
- Content will be available for download to watch offline
Deadpool to MCU?
Rumors are circulating that Deadpool will be one of the first Fox properties to be migrated to The MCU. There are three main possibilities.
- Deadpool 3 – This would seem to be the most likely possibility.
- Miniseries – Since Disney+ will be family friendly, the chances of “Hard R” content, such as the Deadpool movies, are pretty slim. However, Hulu has several TV-M series.
- Spider-Man 3 – This might be the most entertaining option, even if the content is toned down for PG-13 content. While some fans question putting a mature audience in a PG-13 movie, there is precedent in the comics for this. Spider-Man and Deadpool already have an ongoing series.
Aladdin’s Opening Weekend
Disney’s latest live action adaption of an animated film opened to the tune of $122 million dollars. Compared to the previous Dumbo, it was more successful. The trend to adapt animated films to live-action will likely continue.
KOTOR Movie Rumors
Rumors about a reported Star Wars film based on Knights Of The Old Republic continue to circulate. However, we now have reports that Laeta Kalogridis (Avatar, Terminator: Genisys) will be writing the screenplay.
At this time, there is no confirmation of any connections to the trilogies from Rian Johnson or Game Of Thrones creators David Benoiff and Dan Weiss. The first Benoiff & Weiss film will be in December 2022
Robert Pattinson as Batman?
Variety reported first that Robert Pattinson may be in negotiations to don the cape as the next Batman, replacing Ben Affleck in the Matt Reeves film. Fans quickly started several online petitions against his casting.
Pattinson has been no stranger to genre roles. He was rumored to be one of the finalists to replace Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man, before the part was given to Andrew Garfield. He appeared alongside current Spider-Man Tom Holland and Emperor Palpatine himself Ian McDiarmid in The Lost City Of Z.
Currently, he has five films in production for release over the next year.
As we keep saying, actors act for directors, not necessarily for the audience. Similar reactions to Michael Keaton, Heath Ledger, and Ben Affleck have happened before, but their performances impressed audiences.
Like what you see or hear on Geekville Radio? You can subscribe in the myriad of links below!